100 Dates, 100 Boys

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Date #100: The Big Date

I see a dark stage.

There's a staircase--a long, high staircase like the kind in old 1920's musicals. At the top of the staircase is a guy.

The music to "All I Want for Christmas" starts.

I hear singing.

I didn't want to be date thirty
Twenty two or sixty-three


A spotlight comes up on Nick--he's the guy at the top of the staircase.

I just want that great big number
That's the only date for me
I just want to be the one
Standing there when Froggy's done

Lights shine through all over the place revealing lots of people onstage.

You know that it's true
Kevin, make me Date #100
...With you

Suddenly the lights blare--Nick, Dwight, Scooter, Brian, Turner, and all the other boys are there. They're all in tuxes, and they have...choreography.

I don't want to be a rebound
I cannot be second best


BRIAN:

I don't want to stand there waiting
While you go and date the rest

TURNER:

I won't make plans till I know if
You're hanging out with Dwight or Nick


SCOOTER
I'll be up all night awake and--
Dreaming of that perfect--

TURNER: Scooter!

DWIGHT:

'Cause I want you to end the fun

Knowing that you've found the one

What more can I do
?
Broccoli, make me Date 100 With you

All of a sudden there are canes and top hats. I think they're forming a kick line.

NICK:

All the boys you've dated
Never seem to work out

And it sounds like you don't even

Know what that's about

BRIAN:

And everyone is asking
Why you keep multi-tasking


TURNER:

Kevin, won't you please


BOYS:

Please!

SCOOTER:

Come on, get down on your knees


NICK: Scooter!

DWIGHT:

Won't you please say that
You're picking me-e-e-e?

Now they're tapping. I think trapezes and trampolines might even be involved.

NICK:

Oh, I don't want to be the first date
After all the fuss is gone

I just want to be your baby

I've been waiting all year long


I just want to end things right

Tell me that it's me tonight

What more can I do?

Kevin, make me date 100


With you...


BOYS:

Make me Date 100 with you
Baby!

Nick proceeds to riff as--

I sit up in bed in a cold sweat.

ME: And that is why I should not have gone to Christmas in July at Dark Lady.
BRIAN: Keyword: July.

I was recounting my dream to Brian the next day at the N.C.

BRIAN: Kevin, it's taking you forever to write this last entry.
ME: Could that be because I haven't gone on the date yet?
BRIAN: Possibly. Why haven't you?
ME: Because I don't want to end things the way I think they're going to end.
BRIAN: With you in the shower weeping?
ME: Pretty much.

Let's face it. What kind of an ending was this going to be? All great finales have some sort of grandness about them. All the old characters come back. There's a death. A birth. A marriage. Bob Newhart wakes up next to his wife from his first show! Stuff like that!

BRIAN: But this isn't a tv show. This is your life. It's not going to have a tidy little bow at the end of it.
ME: It's also not going to have a boyfriend at the end of it.
BRIAN: Just as long as it doesn't end with you standing at the head of a table with all of your friends looking at you while you say--
ME: All of you are the loves of my life. Yeah, that's lame.
BRIAN: You should let J.K. Rowling write the last blog for you.
ME: She'd probably dub Scooter 'He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Screwed.'

How was I going to find the guy for Date #100? Should it be someone new? Just keep it simple and do a regular date and sign off with elegance and poise? Or go out with someone I know will end things with a bang.

BRIAN: What about Ryan Gosling? That would awesome.
ME: Yeah, unfortunately, I don't live inside the wardrobe, Lucy. Come back to reality.
BRIAN: Oh God, Amy's calling me.
ME: Wow, haven't heard that name in awhile.
BRIAN: Yeah, after I read your hag entry where she scared you off, I realized I didn't really even like her. I just kept her around because I'd known her for so long.
ME: I think that might be why I keep you around.
BRIAN: Hardy har har. Why don't you kill me off in the big finale?
ME: Will you stop calling it a big finale?
BRIAN: I can't help it. It is a big deal.
ME: Even now that I'm looking to get the hell out of this state as fast as I can so that meeting someone might just be pointless?
BRIAN: Yes, even now.
ME: Why?
BRIAN: Because you could meet someone who might want to make you stay.
ME: Mmm, somehow I doubt that.

And Now, a Message from the Boys

ROQUE: Hey Kev, good luck on your 100th Date. If you ever want to take another spin on that coffee table, you just let me know. Rock out with your c**k out, man.

JEFF: Hi Kevin. If you ever reconsider filming your blog, I'll still willing to make it into the summer blockbuster it deserves to be.

This summer...

Get down! Get down!

One man

He's got a gun!

No I don't!

100 Boys

Yes, you do. You have to have a gun. It's suspenseful!

The World's Biggest Gangbang

What? Nobody's getting gangbanged!

In a world, where men long to be gangbanged...

Stop that!


JEFF: Still have to iron out the kinks, but you get the picture.
BROCK: Speaking of getting the picture, I'd love to be a cameraman on the project...now that I know gangbanging is involved.

This summer...
100 Dates, 100 Boys

And One Big Gangbang

Oh Christ...

JEROME: Kevin, I heard you were thinking of leaving Rhode Island now that your blog is finished. So I thought I'd send you off...with a song. P.S. I'm totally going down the octave, so don't judge.

We're all so sure
We're all so wise
No limits
No boundaries
No compromise.

God, I love me some Wild Party. Andrew Lippa, when are we getting a new musical, huh? Vamp, vamp, vamp--Come on, Terry. Bring me home!

TERRY: Happy 100 Dates, Kevin!

JEROME

Times go by
Plans grow stale
People die--GASP!
And parties fail...

How did we come to this?

The issue of me leaving seemed to make everyone uncomfortable. Even though everyone I know has at some point talked about moving, somehow the idea of me moving just shocked everyone to a state of constant discomfort.

TURNER: It's just that before you were someone who was here. Who was staying here. Now you're someone whose leaving.
ME: But not right away.
TURNER: Still, your status has been moved to 'leaving.' It's like you're different now.

Turner and I were at Paye's picking him up from a dance class since his car was in the shop. We had decided to see if we remembered some old ballroom moves while we waited and discussed the big date.

TURNER: I like the idea of bringing people back from the previous dates.
ME: And how would I go about doing that?
TURNER: I don't know. Reunion show?

Broccoli of Love
The Reunion Show


Hosted by La La

LA LA: Snobby Gays, what do you have to say to Kevin?
DREW (SNOBBY GAY #1): We would have rocked his world.
VINCENT (SNOBBY GAY #2): By the way, we'll be performing at Coochie's on the Strip all week.
LA LA: There's a Strip in Providence?
CHRISTOPHER: La La, can I address these bitches?
DREW: Who you calling bitches?
CRAZY CLEAN AND SOBER: Y'all need to shut your asses up! This is why none of you got a second date!
LA LA: Okay, why don't we--
ANTHONY: Yo, you didn't get no second date either, pizzle. So why you talking?
CRAZY CLEAN AND SOBER: I know this south county trash isn't speaking to me.
ANTHONY: Who you calling trash?
DREW: I'm about to cut somebody!
LA LA: Okay, commercial!
BROCK: Why don't you all fight naked and then I can film it?
LA LA: Commercial!

Up Next:
Kirk Cameron is 55
...And Christian

ME: Forget it. I can't stand La La.
TURNER: Me either. Whose name is actually La La?
ME: Hookers and Nick Toon characters.

At this point, Turner tried taking over the lead, and I let him, only because I still have no rhythm or sense of movement.

TURNER: Just as long as you're happy, Kev. That's what's important.
ME: I'm happy I guess. It's just weird realizing that everything you thought your life was going to be--
TURNER: Stop! There is no way of finishing that sentence without sounding cliched.
ME: You're right. Suffice it to say, after 100 dates, I thought I'd have met that perfect guy by now.
TURNER: Maybe you're not ready to meet him. Maybe that's what all this has taught you. That your life right now isn't going to be about dating someone.
ME: I can see your point. It's just...
TURNER: Yeah?
ME: I never had a bad day that ended with falling asleep next to someone and hearing 'I love you.'

Turner dipped me.

TURNER: You'll know that feeling again. You're only 23. Stop acting like your life is over. You've got friends who love you. A job. And you're skinny as hell.
ME: And you're not?
TURNER: I'm just saying.

He lifted me up just as Paye walked over.

PAYE: I see you're being swept off your feet.
ME: I'm lucky I wasn't swept onto my ass.
PAYE: Still psyching yourself out over Date 100?
ME: Does everybody know that I'm freaking?
TURNER: You've gone out on 99 dates. How about giving yourself a break?
ME: I will. But first I need to close out the blog.
TURNER: Then get to it, boy.

Easier said than done.

And Now, a Message from the Boys

GERRY: Kevin, it was a pleasure being one of your dates. Of course, it wasn't the first time I've made it into a blog. I'm often quoted on Arianna Huffington's blog. That's how Anderson Cooper found me, and...Well...the rest is history.
ANTHONY: Bitch, your ass better stay away from Anderson Cooper! That shit's all mine!

MARK: Kevin, if it hadn't been for you, Oliver and I would never have found each other.
OLIVER: I just love shooting my #$%* all Mark's #$#%.
MARK: He does. And he loves talking about it even more.
TROY: And occasionally even I get involved.
OLIVER: He's a dirty little #$*&# licker this one.
TROY: Stop Oliver, you're getting me hot and bothered.
OLIVER: You're a dirty little wimp.
TROY: God, take me now!
OLIVER: Can't we just talk about it some more?
MARK: Thanks, Kevin!

NELSON: You made more than one happy couple, Kevin.
UNDERAGE BOY: You have me and Nelson singing 'Matchmaker, Matchmaker.'
NELSON: And as soon as I beat this statutory rape charge--
UNDERAGE BOY: We're moving in together!
NELSON: Isn't love grand?

BEN: Speaking as one of your exes, I have to say that I was really impressed by the blog. You've come a long way, baby.
TRAVIS: Yeah, you definitely have. From the hard times and the good.
BEN: We want...to celebrate you...baby.
TRAVIS: We want to praise you like we--
BEN: Travis, we're reciting the lyrics to 'Praise You' by Fatboy Slim.
TRAVIS: I know. I gave it to the teleprompter guy when I couldn't think of anything original to say. Besides, messages from your exes are awkward.
BEN: Maybe you're an ex because you're a wackjob who quotes a 90's techno artist instead of coming up with his own thoughts.
TRAVIS: Fine, let's hear some of your original thoughts.
BEN: Um...Kevin, you're going to get knocked down...but you'll get up again. You only get what you give.
TRAVIS: Very true. You only get what you give.

My, I have a lovely looking track record.

SCOOTER: That can't be physically possible.
ME: Scooter, it's not rocket science.
SCOOTER: Are you sure?

Scooter and I were at his house--in his basement--watching tv, and since this is the end of the blog as we know it, and since he has been a good friend to it, I figured I'd give him a little treat.

I told him what the Ashton Kutcher was.

SCOOTER: I can't do that to someone. I could pull something--on me or them!
ME: Hey, I didn't say you were going to like it.
SCOOTER: I like it. I'm just not sure I can do it.
ME: All the better.

Something about Scooter's frown suggested that he was hoping it was more of a universal move. I decided to change the subject.

ME: How did the poll on your blog turn out?
SCOOTER: Half my readers think you should make me Date 100.
ME: Right, and the other half that aren't insane?
SCOOTER: Twenty percent said Charlie, and twenty percent said Jesse.
ME: And the other ten percent?
SCOOTER: Split up amongst Dwight, Danny, the Snobby Gays, and your Friend.
ME: Your readers are no help.
SCOOTER: You know if you'd let me call my cousin who knows Reichen--
ME: Forget it, Scooter.
SCOOTER: Okay.

In five...four...three...two...

SCOOTER: So, since you're here, do you want to fool around?
ME: Good to know you'll never let me down.

The Final Rose Ceremony

Standing before me, I have Charlie and Jesse. I only hold one rose in my hand.

ME: Guys, this has been a really tough decision.
CHARLIE: Wait a minute, are you for real with this? You're actually going to dismiss one of us and give the other guy a rose?
ME: That's how it works.
JESSE: Kev, no offense, but you're not exactly Andrew Firestone.
ME: Yeah, well I don't see a Trista standing in front of me either.
CHARLIE: Hey, we both could have been the one, but you blew it.
ME: Um, that's only because I decided to be nice and leave certain things out of the blog.

BROCK: I'm filming all this.

ME: Will you go away please?
CHARLIE: What do you mean you left stuff out?
ME: Um, like how your moods changed faster than a runway model during Fashion Week or how you never called on my birthday.
JESSE: Wow, you did that?
ME: Oh Jesse, I wouldn't critique if I were you. After all, you have slept with Allan since I've met you, right?
JESSE: It's hard. I mean, he's right across the hall.
ME: I'm sorry I can't put a happy little smile on everything, because I'm sure the viewers are going to be disappointed but...

Next Up on the Fantasy Channel--

...Some things just aren't as appealing once you know all about them. That's one thing I've learned from this little experiment.

And a phone's ringing.

No, it's really ringing.

ME: Hello?
VOICE: Hey, this is Kevin, right?
ME: Yeah, it's me. Who's this?
VOICE: The guy whose number you deleted.
ME: Uh, what do you--Oh my God!

I think that was the moment I fell out of bed and landed on my copy of Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon, which broke my fall.

DWIGHT: So now are you going to tell me who this guy is?
ME: He's this guy I went on a perfect date with five years ago who never called me back after the date.

I was helping Dwight and his mother pack for their annual trip to their family's beach house in Cape Cod. I had been invited to join them, but I wasn't sure I could handle them both--even just on the way there.

MRS. BROWN: Did he say why he never called back?
DWIGHT: Probably because he's a tool.
ME: Apparently he went through some huge identity crisis.
DWIGHT: Sounds like a real winner.
MRS. BROWN: Dwight, don't be bitter.
DWIGHT: I learned from the best, Mother.
ME: I think...I think he's going to be the 100th date.

Mrs. Brown looked delight, Dwight not so much.

MRS. BROWN: That's wonderful, Kevin. Make it a good one.
ME: I'll try.

She gave me a hug and then left the room to go find her hemp sweater.

ME: I know you're not thrilled.
DWIGHT: I just...I guess I always hoped you'd come around.
ME: Dwight, if it's any consolation--you can do so much better than me.
DWIGHT: I don't want to do better than you. You would be fine.
ME: Wow, I always forget what a good sweet talker you are.
DWIGHT: So could this guy be the one?
ME: I thought he was...five years ago...now I'm not so sure.
DWIGHT: What a perfect little ending.
ME: I wonder if this happened because I needed it to so badly.
DWIGHT: Sometimes life is just appropriate like that. It gives good people a break.

He went back to folding shirts, but I walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

ME: You know I love you more than my luggage, right?
DWIGHT: Yes, Clairee, I do.

And Now, a Message from the Boys

VINNIE: Kevin, in honor of your last date, the Republican Gay Men's Chorus has decided to reenact one of the scenes from your favorite movie. Hit it!

A restaurant, with a family gathered around a large table...and a homosexual.

Wait, is this My Best Friend's Wedding? With gay Republicans?

ADAM:

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my make-up

REPUBLICAN GAYS:

I say a little prayer for you

JACK

At work I just take time
And all through my coffee break time

REPUBLICAN GAYS

I say a little prayer for you

ALL

Forever and ever

MARTIN

You'll stay in my heart
And I will love you

ALL
Forever and ever

BIG BAG BOY: Hi Kevin, we're the guys you never gave names to, asshole!
MORNING BOY: So I'm not a person just because I like to get up early?
BIG BAG BOY: Or me because I carry a large woman's handbag?
MORNING BOY: Well, that is kind of weird.
BIG BAG BOY: It's an accessory, people! We're living in 2008, get with it!
MORNING BOY: It's 2007.
BIG BAG BOY: Whatever! Who gets up before noon anyway?

JACK

I run for the bus, dear
While riding I think of us, dear

AIDAN: Happy 100th Dates, Kevin. Too bad we couldn't have hung out again, but after you got trapped in your swimsuit, I severely doubted your ability to...well...function in society.
TUCKER: Yeah, and you suck at cuddling.
AIDAN: That might have ben because you were naked while you were cuddling him.
TUCKER: And the problem there would be?

REPUBLICAN GAYS

Forever and ever!

DEREK: I can't believe you blew me off just because I work at McDonald's.
EDUARDO: Y porque no habla Ingles!
DEREK: What?
EDUARDO: No habla Ingles.
DEREK: Dude, he actually went out on a date with you? You don't even speak English. Hey Kevin, way to blow me off but keep the immigrant!
EDUARDO: Que?

GREG

My darling believe me
For me there is nooooo
--One but one

WES: We were poorly developed.
DOUG: Yeah, pretty much.

GREG

And I'm in love with you
Answer my prayer baby!

SCOTT: We could have had something real, Kevin. But unfortunately you lived more than twenty minutes away.
MAX: And I joined the priesthood.
JONAH: And I owned rats.
DYLAN: I was poor.
IVAN: I had a boyfriend.
JUSTIN: I was the boyfriend.
JONAH: More than one rat.
SCOTT: Although I'm thinking of moving to Providence, because honestly, nobody will come visit me since I live in Westerly.
IVAN: God, I would never go to Westerly.
JUSTIN: No way.
DYLAN: Do either of you guys have a dollar?

MAX

I say a little prayer for you!

Who isn't saying a prayer for me at the moment?

I'm on my 100th date.

ME: So tell me all about this identity crisis.
GABE: It was just this period I needed to go through where I didn't date anyone. I just went really inside myself.
ME: And there wasn't a phone inside yourself?
GABE: Kevin--
ME: Gabe, I called you every holiday like a loser.
GABE: You're not a loser. I loved those calls.
ME: Then you should have sent one back.
GABE: It was rough. I...I was seeing someone.
ME: Of course.
GABE: A woman.
ME: Even better.

And now, the F**ked Up View

STEPHEN: Our first hot topic, open relationships. I'm all for them.
BLAKE: Of course you are, you're in one.
STEPHEN: But Blake, isn't your marriage open? You have sex with other men.
BLAKE: That's because I'm married to a woman.
BARBARA: Wait a minute, I'm not in the right studio, am I?
STEPHEN: Don't worry, Barbara. No crazy lesbians here.
SHAWN: I don't really believe in relationships at all, per se. I think you should just tell people you like girls but then have sex with men, but not actually have sex with the girls.
BLAKE: Yeah, that works until your mid-twenties, then people get suspicious.
WILL: What does per se mean?
CLINGY DINGY: I would never cheat on my boyfriend. I would love him and buy him flowers every day to let him know he was special.
BARBARA: You're pathetic.
STEPHEN: Well, let's all take a little time to enjoy the view!

That actually just made me long for Elisabeth.

Gabe was still trying to make amends for his five-year absence.

GABE: When I got your message the other day, I panicked. I didn't want to lose you for real.
ME: So all this time you were fine with not calling me because you knew I'd always keep tabs on you?
GABE: Kevin, look, that's all water under the bridge. We're out on a date. Let's have a nice time, okay?
ME: I...

100th Date.

ME: I...

Don't let it be a downer.

GABE: Okay?

Suck it up!

ME: Okay.

So we walked along the east side catching up, and I kept looking at Gabe expecting those old feelings to resurge. I mean, this is the guy I have thought non-stop about for the past five years, but standing next to him now, I felt like I had been fixed up on a blind date by someone who didn't really know me well at all...myself...from five years ago.

GABE: So, do you live nearby?
ME: It doesn't really matter if I do.
GABE: Oh really? Why?
ME: Because the date ends here.
GABE: Okay, I can respect you wanting to take it slow.

Oh God, I feel a monologue coming on--

ME: It's not that at all actually. Originally I thought I'd be all over you within seconds of seeing you again, but the truth is...I can't get past the fact that you listened to my voice at least three times a year for five years and never called me back to let me know you were okay or that you didn't want me to keep torturing myself, and when it looked like I was finally going to stop, you pop right back in again. Maybe me from five years ago would have been okay with that and thought he could still build a life with someone who was capable of that degree of...of...assholeness, but I'm not that guy anymore. I'm not even the guy I was a year ago. A year ago I would have thought, Make this work! Latch onto any guy you can, but now I know I don't have to. Because there are lots of other guys out there. Some better than you, some worse, but there are other options, and I don't have to spend five years attaching all my hopes to one. Have a good night, Gabe--and don't bother calling.

And with that, I walked away from him.

Talk about closure.

And Now, a Message from the Boys

MORGAN: Great job with the blog, Kevin. Now remember, don't end the finale like this--

A diner in Jersey. Me, Brian, Turner, and Dwight sitting at a table eating onion rings.

BRIAN: I hate onion rings.
ME: Me, too.

A guy walks by me. He looks fishy. I think Scooter's slept with him. Then another guy walks in, also one of Scooter's.

TURNER: Guys, is it just me or is everyone in here really shady?
DWIGHT: With all the time you guys spend in gay bars, I'm surprised you noticed.

Dwight puts a nickel in the jukebox. Journey starts to play.

DWIGHT: What the hell? I picked Donna Summer!

He hits it and "Dim All the Lights" starts to play as the screen goes black.


SEAN: Greetings from London, Kev. Wish you were here!
IAN: He could have gone to London and he didn't? What a fool.
SEAN: Why are we presenting our message together?
IAN: Oh, because we both have ties to Britain.
SEAN: And you're gay as well or is it just the accent?

CONNOR: Hey Kevin, I miss you, buddy.
ME: I miss you, too, Connor.
CONNOR: Whoa, I thought I was leaving you a message.
ME: Yeah, but then I picked up.
CONNOR: Oh...well, this is awkward.

ALLAN: Hey Kevin, greetings from your friends back in the olden days.
TEDDY: Allan, doesn't he hate you?
ALLAN: Yeah, so? Every blog needs a bad guy.
TOMMY: That would be me, thanks.
ALLAN: Uh, I think I have it covered.
TOMMY: I was way more manipulative than you were--
TEDDY: Guys, I wasn't even a date. That's really insulting.
ALLAN: You couldn't be the bad guy on a bad 80's sitcom--
TOMMY: Bite me--
ALLAN: Oh bite me, real mature--

So that was it. My last date...for the blog anyway.

NICK: So no more dates for awhile?
ME: Who else is there to date?
NICK: Oh, don't be crazy. There's always people to date.

Nick and I were at the karaoke bar doing a post-date wrap-up. We were waiting for the other guys to show up.

ME: I don't know.
NICK: Don't know what?
ME: If there actually is anyone out there. You'd think I'd be sure by now, but I feel like if I come up with an answer it's not going to be one that I like.
NICK: Just remember, it's the end of the blog--not of you.
ME: You know, this blog was the first thing I actually committed to in...God, in terms of projects, the first thing ever.
NICK: And how does it feel to follow something through to the end?
ME: Good. Really good.
NICK: So take that with you. That feeling. That good feeling. You started something and you finished it. Maybe you didn't get the ending you wanted, but think of what you have now that you didn't have a year ago.

Friends. Lots of friends. New experiences. A new appreciation of dating and relationships. The wisdom to avoid dinner parties at all costs.

ME: Yeah, I guess I am a lot better off.
NICK: Not only that, but you're up, baby. Go sing.

Hey, you don't have to tell me twice.

ME:

Wake up kids
We got the dreamer's disease
Age 14
They got you down on your knees
So polite
We're busy still saying please


And Now, a Message from the Boys

MICHAEL: Way to go man, you #$#% like a Marine.

But when the night is falling

AARON: I still think it's weird you can't just drive around in a car like a normal person, but it's okay I guess.

You cannot find the light...light

DANNY: You're a really cool guy, and don't worry, you'll find what you're looking for someday.

If you feel your dreams are dying

MITCHELL: I'm going to miss reading your blog! But I'm starting my own now. 200 Dates, 200 Boys. I want to beat your record.

Hold tight...

You've got the music in you
Don't let go

You've got the music in you
One dance left
This world is going to pull through

ME: So, what did we learn from all this?
FRIEND: The internet should be used for looking up porn, not for reading about some gay boy's dating exploits?
ME: That, yes.
FRIEND: How do you feel?
ME: Well, I think about the reason I started writing this--that book I read--Julie and Julia--at the end of it the author said she credited with Julia Child being like someone who pulled her from the ocean as she was drowning, even though she'd never met her.
FRIEND: Good thing that f**king duck stuffer did something useful in her life.
ME: I feel like that's what this was for me. It gave me something to hold onto even when things were going bad. It was like, no matter how awful something was, I could always take control over it again by typing it up and showing that I wasn't afraid to tell everyone about it.
FRIEND: Are you saying the blog is your culinary lesbian lifeboat?
ME: No, Friend, you're my Julia Child.
FRIEND: Oh, honey...Fuck off.

We only get what we give
We only get what we give
We only get what we give


Thank you to everyone whose read this, whether there are 2 of you or 200. Doing this has made my life infinitely more enjoyable and I hope it's at least put a smile on someone else's face once in awhile. You never know the power that resides in saying to someone else "I've been where you've been, and you can be where I am now." One more quote by one of my favorite people--"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better."

Please feel free to say hello whenever you like Kevin0719@aol.com. And check back in September where there might just be a new social experiment waiting...

7 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Lianne said...

Bravo! ^_^

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats babe- and i agree with your friends, it's about the journey, not the destination.

...cue 'Journey- Don't Stop Believein'"....

;)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This adventure will by far be one of the most memorable of your entire life. I am envious of you.

One thing in my life I strive for is constant adventure. It's when the adventure ends that it's time to move on to something new...

...And sometimes, that adventure is simply stepping out for a moment, and looking back on what you are leaving behind. Sometimes, you don't realize what you have, and what you take for granted, until you see it from afar.

Life is the great indulgence...

Your blog I found to be phenomenally entertaining - you are a real talent. Thank you.

-Bobby

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I have been reading your blog since the beginning and completely LOVE it... except date 100. The writing style completely changed, and we both admit that we couldn't even make it through the entry. We appreciate the effort at making a theater-like presentation, but in blog form, it really doesn't work well. We were sorely disappointed after having waited weeks for the much-anticipated last date.

Alas, the for the most part, this blog was a job well done, and we wish you all the best for the future.

-E&J

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the end.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger mika flores said...

I procrastinated so much... I did not want to pass by the blog. Mainly because I knew it was close to the end. But all good things most come to an end :)

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with E&J; the blog was extremely well written, except for Date 100, which was a pain to read.
But, well, we all know how hard it is to have a good ending.

Thank you!
JTOB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home