100 Dates, 100 Boys

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Date #3: Morning Glow

Ugh...I need sleep.

Met a boy for coffee this morning...and by morning, I mean 7am.

I have a huge problem saying 'No' to guys who could potentially be my future husband, and he seemed like a definite candidate.

Dark features, Italian/Portuguese mix, charming, and really excited about the date.

Problem? He's a morning person.

Now everyone who knows and loves me knows that my day begins at 3:43pm. I put that aside, however, because Morning Boy said he feels at his best at around 7am, so that's we decided to meet. At 7am, I feel around the corner and over the Dairy Queen, but I wasn't going to let something like my being a night owl/probably insomniac stop me from having a great date.

Of course, I was late. Come on, who wouldn't be late at 7am? I was shocked to find people actually driving and on the street. It's a Saturday! Isn't today the day when God rested--or is that just in the Jewish faith? Anyway--

He was bubbly. No actually, he was worse than bubbly. He was inquisitive. I guess it's normal to be on a date and want the guy to talk about himself, but something about the early hour and my general bad attitude that early in the morning made it feel like I was being interrogated about a murder. Fittingly, my answers were somewhat...sparse.

MORNING BOY: So what do you do?
ME: Library.
MORNING BOY: That must be fun.
ME: Uh...no.
MORNING BOY: Oh, it's not?
ME: Nope.
MORNING BOY: Why not?
ME: Mmm...yeah.
MORNING BOY: That's not really a--
ME: Coffee...sugar...now.

I realized I was being an ass, so I suggested a redo version of the date at a later time. When Morning Boy asked how late, I said "Well, around ten tonight would be great." He looked at me as if I suggest skinning a puppy.

"Oh God," he said, "I'm never up past nine thirty."

NINE THIRTY!!! Good television dramas don't even start until ten!

"That's kind of early, no?"
"Yeah, I just like a good night's rest."
"But you're so young."
"You don't have to be old to like rest."

At this he laughed, I just kept staring at him expecting for his wires to reveal themselves. He couldn't be human, and I couldn't date someone who wasn't going to be able to come over at the sensible hour of 1am for Food Network viewing and reheated pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home