100 Dates, 100 Boys

Friday, July 07, 2006

Date #2: Doing Time

So I have a confession to make. Whereas I can never resist anyone with dark brown hair and a tanned complexion (which is also something of a description of me--need therapy? you know I do) blonde guys I can usually act pretty cool around cause they don't do much for me--except this one.

His name is Tommy and he works at Home Depot. He's about 5'5, blonde, and is the tiniest thing I've ever seen in my life--Well, not as tiny as that guy I dated a couple months ago, but we'll try and keep this as family friendly as possible. ANYWAY he's super cute, laidback, and smoulderingly sexy. Oh yeah, I said "smouldering."

The first time we hung out was at his house. Now, normally I would not consider this a date because a date implies "going out" somewhere, although I did have to "go out" to go to his place, he didn't, and so it's kind of only a semi-date, I guess. We had a great time though, and I chalked him wanting to hang out at his house to either him wanting to get me in bed on the first date or him just being tired--either way I'm not all that displeased.

The second date--however--was once again at his place. Okay, I thought, time to bring up the whole "always at his house" thing. So I did.

"Didn't you notice the thing on my ankle," he asks.
"Oh..." I thought it was an ankle bracelet, but now thinking about it--"What's it for?"
"I'm under house arrest."

Oh my Christ...

"Yeah, I was arrested for drunk driving and put on house arrest for a year."
"I didn't know they put you under house arrest for drunk driving."
"Well, when they catch you the second time they do."

Oh my Christ...

(Yeah, I'm sacriligious, but I'll pray later and ask for forgiveness)

"I used to be a really bad person. Just all around not nice. Really mean, manipulative. All this kind of changed who I am."

Okay--is it bad I found that incredibly endearing? Would I have found it endearing if he wasn't already adorable? Utter quandry. I called Friend.

FRIEND: Ohhhh...that's so sweet.
ME: He's under house arrest.
FRIEND: I know, but just think--how's he going to cheat? He can't go out and meet new people. They only let him go to work and home, right?
ME: Right, but I think you're missing the point.
FRIEND: The point is he's cute and in captivity. It doesn't get much better than that.
ME: I would be dating a felon.
FRIEND: You're telling me you don't find that hot?
ME: Let's say he was ugly--
FRIEND: Kevin, if he was ugly, it wouldn't matter if he were a felon or not, I'd be telling you to cut him loose.
ME: So there's no real way to gauge if continuing to see him is crazy or not because he's cute so he can get away with murder?
FRIEND: Wow, think about that metaphor for a second.
ME: It's not really a meta--
FRIEND: Anyway, gotta go.

Luckily, the problem took care of itself. Tommy decided that dating while under house arrest was probably not the best idea. We promised to keep in touch and maybe when he's up for parole...ugh, this is just like on Sex and the City when Carrie dates the guy in rehab who I think was played by David Duchovny. That didn't wind up being anything either, but oh well. At least if I need plywood I now have a connect :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home